Terms & Conditions of Holiday Letting
When a booking is made, a payment is accepted by Elders Lifestyle Group on behalf of the owner. Elders Lifestyle Group cannot be held responsible should a property be sold, and the ownership changes before your holiday, we cannot guarantee that the property will remain available. We cannot accept responsibility for decisions made by the owners. However all endeavours to find alternative accommodation shall be made by the Agent, failing which all deposit monies paid, will be refunded, but no claim, right, action or demand shall be made by either party.
1. PREMISES ARE LET FOR HOLIDAY PURPOSES ONLY, for the period stated on your letter/receipt, and are taken in good faith by Elders Lifestyle Group but may be subject to change as may be notified by the owner/Agent prior to the commencement of the booking.
2. All properties under Elders Lifestyle Group management are privately owned and are rented on a fully contained basis. In the event of faults and/or malfunctions of appliances or inclusions, there is no obligation for the owner or Elders Lifestyle Group to compensate or discount. If your holiday property is listed for sale while you are in residence, the occupier agrees to allow the owner or agent to conduct inspections with prospective purchasers at mutually convenient times by appointment.
3. All bookings are subject to a booking fee payable at time of paying the deposit. Any booking fee paid to the Agent as part of a booking is not refundable. Bookings for less than 7 days will incur a cleaning fee, applicable to the property (Included in price Quoted).
4. The premises are available from 1.00 pm on the day of arrival and are to be vacated at 9.30am and keys returned to our office by 9.45am on the day of departure. If the keys are not returned within the allotted time a "late checkout fee" of $50.00 may be charged against the Security Bond held. (The purpose of these times is to allow the necessary time to clean the premises for new incoming bookings. Please consider your fellow incoming holiday occupants.)
5. Everyone on holidays likes to party, however we must stress that excess noise or behaviour that is threatening to neighbours or the quiet enjoyment of others will lead to the cancellation of your holiday booking. In most cases, one (1) warning will be given before cancellation of your booking. We have a Security Company that will attend to any complaints regarding noise, parties, damage or music. The first visit by security staff will mean a formal warning. The second visit will mean eviction for holiday tenants. If at any time, the security company attends to your property there is a charge of $100.00, which will be taken from your security deposit.
6. If the police are called to the premises than NO warning will be given and the booking will be cancelled immediately. Upon cancellation of a booking you will be required to vacate the premises and return the keys to our office within one (1) hour of such notice. There will be no refund for any unused portion of your booking
7.Pets are permitted ONLY at the properties that are marked as pet friendly on our website www.portholidays.com.au on the below conditions.
a) Dogs are kept outside at all times.
b) All pets faeces must be removed from the yard, bagged and placed in the bin or an extra cleaning fee of $50 will be charged.
c) If the property is found to be flea infested after your departure a pest spray fee will be charged.
d)Please consider your neighbours and control your pet to avoid barking.
e)Any property damage as a result of the pet, will result in additional costs to yourself for repair.
PETS ARE NOT PERMITTED AT ANY PROPERTIES OTHER THAN THOSE MARKED AS ‘PET FRIENDLY’ UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES OR YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE IMMEDIATELY, A FLEA SPRAY AND AN EXTRA CLEAN WILL BE CHARGED
8. Unless stated within the property description, all premises are fully self-contained, however; LINEN AND PERSONAL REQUISITES ARE NOT PROVIDED. (i.e. sheets, pillowcases, towels, bath mats, tea towels, washing powder & toilet paper). A small complimentary supply only of kitchen detergent is provided.
9. Each holiday property is equipped for a specific number of holiday makers. It is against Health Department regulations for more persons to occupy a property than there are beds to accommodate them. The number of persons permitted to occupy the property will form part of the booking contract when you make your booking. No mattresses, tents or caravans, or more cars then the property accommodates are permitted. Overcrowding will lead to immediate termination of the booking contract, with no refund to you for any unused part of your accommodation tariff.
10. A reservation fee of 50% plus the "booking fee" is required within 7 days to confirm the booking. If not paid within the 7 days the booking may be cancelled without notification. Balance of tariff is due one month prior to your arrival date (Except for Christmas holiday bookings). For Christmas holiday bookings, full payment is required by the 1st November or at the time of making the booking. Payment may be made by, cash, money order or accepted credit card.
11. A Booking is confirmed upon payment of the FULL deposit (paid BY THE DUE DATE). Please choose your booking carefully as deposits are not transferable. Cancellations are refunded only if written notice of cancellation is received 8 weeks prior to the ingoing booking date, or if after this date when the premises are relet for an equal number of days/dollar value for the period of the booking. All cancellations must be in writing. All cancellations are subject to a $100.00 cancellation and handling fee. No refund on any unused portion of a confirmed holiday booking will be made.
12. A Security Bond of $500 to $1000 (tariff category dependent) must be paid before your arrival. Our office requires the Security Bond to be paid by cash, EFT or if paying the tariff by Credit Card, you agree to a pre authorisation of your credit card to be held by Elders Lifestyle Group as a security deposit (completed and signed “Guest Registration Card” needs to be returned to our office prior to confirmation of booking). In the event of any loss or expense arising from a breach of this agreement to rent the property, damage to the property or your occupation of the property, you authorise any charges to be charged to the bond deposited into our account by you, or if you have paid by credit card, we have the authorisation to withdraw from your credit card, up to the amount of the bond stated. (See Clause 17). An addition Security Bond of $2000.00 may be incurred for groups’ bookings or at our discretion.
13. Any booking, which will take place in less than 30 days from the date of booking, must be paid in full by electronic banking, credit card or cash (including any Security Bond see 12 above) before arrival. If you discover, on arrival at the property damaged/broken items please advise the agency immediately. If there is anything you do not understand or questions you have; speak to the Agency staff.
14. No responsibility is taken for tenants personal property left on the premises. A handling fee of $25.00 plus postage will be charged when guests request lost property to be collected, stored or returned. Low value items will be held for 14 days and if not claimed will be disposed of.
15. Keys are to be collected from our office during normal business hours unless prior arrangements have been made. If you intend to arrive outside our business hours, you must make key arrangements with our office. Under no circumstances will keys be left out unless your accommodation fees, including the Security Bond has been paid in full. The Agent, Elders Lifestyle Group, will not be responsible for alternative accommodation or any other costs when tenants arrive after hours.
16. All damage, breakages or losses to the property and/or furniture/furnishings are to be reported to the Agent and paid for immediately. All furnishings and equipment must be left in the premises as originally found.
17. The property must be left clean and tidy and rubbish removed. In the event of any additional cleaning required, damage, breakages, or losses to the property and or furniture and furnishings not reported to the Agent (see Clause 16 above). In the event of any loss or expense arising from a breach of this agreement to rent the property, damage to the property or your occupation of the property you authorise any charges to be charged to the credit card for which details need to be provided .If the Security Bond is paid by Cash or Cheque the balance of the Security Bond, if any will be returned to you within 14 days of your departure date. The debit for these costs to the Security Bond shall not exceed the Security Bond as agreed in Clause 12 above. If the amount claimed exceeds the Security Bond amount held further action will be taken to recover any short fall. Due to Trust Account Regulations, we are unable to refund your Security Bond by way of cash, and thank you for your understanding in this matter.When the total claim on the Security Bond exceeds $150.00 than an additional agent Administration fee of $55.00 will apply.
18. With telephone or postal bookings, any printed, written or verbal description of the premises by the Agent or an employee is made in good faith. No responsibility for misdescription will be accepted. Please choose your property carefully using the information provided on our comprehensive web sites and/or brochure. There is no provision to change properties on your arrival if you are unhappy with your choice.
19. Guests are responsible for the safekeeping and replacement of accommodation keys. Two sets of keys will be issued to you on arrival; further sets of keys may not be available. Guests requiring a key from the Agent or his representative outside of our office hours will be charged a service fee of $77.00 (please note public holiday call out fee is $100). This fee (if not paid at time of lockout) will be deducted from any Security Bond before the Balance is refunded or debited to your Credit Card (excludes pre arranged out of office hours arrival times).
20. You are required to allow repair and or service personnel to enter the premises for conducting any repair or service deemed necessary by the agent. Such times of entering will be arranged prior where possible between the hours of 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM unless in the opinion of the Agent an emergency situation could exist or arise.
21.In the case of apartments, units and villas, car parking or carports are usually numbered. Extra vehicles, boats, etc are to be parked outside the grounds, or other satisfactory arrangements made with the Agent.
22. In the event of renovation/building work being carried out in or near the holiday premises, such work is beyond our control and we cannot accept responsibility for any disturbance, noise or inconvenience you may suffer as a result. No discount will be negotiated for any of the above.
23. All keys are to be returned to our office, or left in our office key box (in the case of the office being closed) by 9.45 am on the day of departure. Duplication of keys is strictly prohibited. Failure to return keys on the morning of departure may incur replacement cost for locks and keys.
24. Bookings will only be accepted from responsible adults who will be occupying the property. All occupants are responsible for children on the premises and no responsibility is taken for the safety of the children during your booking. We ask that children in your group refrain from playing on balconies, in hallways or driveways or any other place, which could be dangerous for them.
25. Illegal or unauthorised activities will render automatic termination of this agreement. You will be required to vacate immediately and all funds will be retained for any unused portion of your booking.
A Booking is confirmed upon payment of the FULL deposit (paid BY THE DUE DATE). Please choose your booking carefully as deposits are not transferable.
a) Cancellations to confirmed bookings are refunded only on the following basis written notice of cancellation or change of dates is received 8 weeks prior to your arrival date.
b) If within the 8-week period (prior to your arrival date) all monies received can only be refunded if and when the premises are relet for an equal number of days/dollar value for the period of the confirmed booking.
c) Changes to confirmed booking dates can only occur subject to a, or b, above.
d) No refund on any unused portion of a confirmed holiday booking will be made.
e) All cancellations must be in writing. All cancellations are subject to a $100.00 cancellation and handling fee. The booking fees is not refundable under any circumstance.ng will be made.